a pocket full of rhinestones

Monday, January 26, 2004

Dang! Outbid again at the last moment! Arrrgh I do hate Ebay.

It always seems as though there is the possibility of getting my hands on a delightful folio edition of Poe's "The Raven" with illustrations by Gustave Dore and yet and yet and yet it always slips through my fingers due to the irritation of online auction action.

Ah well, it was waterstained on the cover....

So things are looking up again - for no particular reason at all other than the completely random alignment of factors to contribute to momentary flights of transient happiness on my part (i.e. today did not completely suck). Although, I do think that there should be a special place in hell for professors who cannot be bothered to keep their office hours.

To reward myself for actually getting some work done on my paper due next week I spent the last two hours surfing the web for 1st editions of some of my favorite gothic works - and recipes for interesting and delicious foods. For example: www.copykat.com is positively worth the trip, especially if you ever wanted to know exactly what goes into the Chili's salsa.

2 important things to note from my hours of surfing: (1) someone really has way too much time on their hands if they're reverse-engineering Taco Bell's secret taco seasoning (2) I can only afford first editions that look as though they have been attacked by a hyperactive youngster with a teething problem.

Ah well, back to the salt mines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home