a pocket full of rhinestones

Friday, April 14, 2006

Joy and Bitterness.

Apparently that is my new theme for this month.

A long explanation of the new craptacular bitterness I'm experiencing regarding developments in my family problems is available for those who ask me personally, but let's just say that there is a real possibility none of my stuff at the house in question will ever return home.

Crap.

Anyway.

On to JOY. There are wonderful amounts of joy this evening because:

(1) I'm not working on anything in particular
(2) I've finally converted the sunroom to an office.

This is spectacular. I have a desk that has places for everything. I found this cool filing thing by the dumpster that is awesomely perfect for sorting papers. I even reworked my metal filing cabinet to hold hanging files. Oooooooh I LOVE hanging files.

I'm not sure if the rest of the world shares my office-supply fetish (although I think that it is primarily a girl-based phenomenon) but there is something about a new pen that makes a day bright and shiny. I even recommend to my preceptees that when they are stuck for motivation they should go drop $20 at the office supply store and then return to work (apparently they have tried this and it works). So now with the advent of hanging files in my office space this is my favorite room in the house. Not to mention that it has beautiful open windows that are letting in the slightly chilly yet deliciously fresh night air - and my very hot neighbor is walking around topless.

Sigh.

Right now I am sorting files and generally getting things in order out here.

So, again, a touch of joy to sweeten the cup of bitterness.

Mary Poppins was right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home