a pocket full of rhinestones

Saturday, February 21, 2004

Oooh... Titles - this should be interesting.

Today was productive - half of my "Amber Gods" paper is written, and I have an outline for the rest (ahhh it just goes to show how productive you can be if you wake up way too gosh darn early in the morning).

This afternoon was dedicated to making an attempt at composing a personal annotated bibliography of random cool books that I have borrowed from the library on different subjects through the years (a project that I will never finish, but one that *theoretically* has the potential to be useful someday). This is especially true in light of the fact that I am personally very very very bad with names. It's probably not clear how this can be a disastrous personality trait until you remember that everything that I do all day has to do with authors and their names and the names of their works and name dropping to sound intelligent etc. It's becoming a hazard and my bibliography is an attempt to work against the tide of name-apathy that daily washes over the beached longboat of my thoughts.

wow - that was a very odd metaphor.

In any case - socially tonight was dinner with the Amazing and Astounding Becky (who is not a girly-girl contrary to her purse and underwear purchasing habits). We had a delightful time hanging out at Chilis and wandering the mile-o-shops that is Gurnee Mills. I have to say, there is something disturbing about that mall which I can't put my finger on, but it might be the huge animated man on a tractor that jerkily creaks along a track in the ceiling (just a guess). Ohh Ohh, or perhaps it's the big store that sells knives, guns, crossbows, duck calls, and has an indoor shooting range!

In any case, fun was had by all except for the moment when some surly teenager brushed past me and instead of saying "excuse me" or "pardon me" like some normal human, muttered "move" or "get out of my way" - really what has happened to manners?

Forgive me for rambling, there have been several massive days of hardcore studying slowly warping my brain, and today (just for fun) I wore socks with toes on them to the library (you know the kind like gloves for your feet?). This actually delighted me as I put them on; thinking myself utterly decadent. This has become my idea of a good time. I obviously need some kind of therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home