a pocket full of rhinestones

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

How does one write a paper?

I prefer to start with a text, or maybe two - add in a little theory for spice, maybe some overarching theme to tie it all together (a particular object, or psychological style, or question of gender or race) and then allow all of this to percolate in the little aluminum stove-top coffeepot of my mind until something delicious floats to the surface. Filter off the debris, structure your narrative and pour into a 20 page or so cup of delicious papery goodness. Add rhetorical flourishes like sugar cubes and cream and serve once it has cooled enough that you aren't really interested in drinking, er... i mean reading it anymore.

Apparently my metaphor has gotten away from me here.

Boy am I thirsty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home