a pocket full of rhinestones

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Ahhh... Today is Spaghetti, and garlic bread, and bread with marmalade and butter, and cake, and wine, and good company.

These are the moments that I treasure.

These are also the moments that justify my buying an entire set of Universal china "Ballerina Mist" dinnerware, more wine glasses than I would care to count, an inexplicably useless collection of milk-glass bowls, a full set of Oneida Community Stainless Twin-star cutlery (with the little iced-tea spoons) and a few odds and ends of jadeite.

Essentially, parties (while being a festive occasion to meet and chat with wonderful people) are also the rationalization for my rather obsessive 50's kitchenware collection.

Now if I could only find some way to justify the rhinestones....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home