a pocket full of rhinestones

Monday, January 03, 2005

Delightful return to seeming normality.

I'm back - I know, I know, you're all looking at this screen smiling and shaking you head... scrolling down to see the last 5 times that I said I was back and failed to actually inhabit backness.

This time is different. This time I have to CA MWF, so I actually have to stay in town. The boyfriend is back on rotation, my orals are in full swing (meeting tomorrow), and my social life is back to semi-normality. This is long long overdue.

I hate to complain, because my holidays really were fantastic - but there is something to be said for dieting, running, working, getting up at a reasonable time and cooking my own dinner - not to mention actually sleeping in my own bed in my own apartment. I have not slept in the same bed for more than 5 nights for the past 2 months (usually a different one every 3). Madison, Racine (my parents) , Florida, Racine (his parents), Madison, Rochester, Chicago, Racine (my parents) --- you get the picture. I knew that it was bad when I tried to remember where I have been in the last 2 weeks and kept getting confused. I tried to think back and there have been 3 consecutive months of houseguests or travel - which means my apartment is horrifying and my car is loaded down with miles. I'm looking forward to sitting back and experiencing the fine comfort of solitude and my apartment interspersed with SHORT trips to Hyde Park and afternoon meetings with friends. I never thought I would get sick of driving, but there it is.

I have, however, had an delightfully pleasant day topped off with aparagus, carmelized onions, and hummus on flour tortillas (a concoction of Jett's roommate Jacob which I shamefully stole for my personal recipe collection). I currently have a loaf of bread baking away in my new breadmaker, and my apartment is filling with that fresh baked bread smell.

I'm rambling. It's late and I need sleep.

I promise I will post more often.

--KT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home