a pocket full of rhinestones

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Evasion of normality.

So that promised "life back to normal in 24 hours didn't work out.

When I last left you, I was seated in the med school library thinking that I would return to Evanston that evening. Hah. I went to the boyfriend's study group and then we headed out for a culinary celebration of the end of the personal statement. Post that, we crashed at his house and I spent the night. Next day, didn't leave Madison until after his teaching (4pm) to arrive in Racine and pick up my car at 6. Then down to Kenosha where we stashed his car at the train station and he rode with me to Evanston. Spent the evening in Evanston and forgot to set the alarm so that he missed the train and I had to drive him back to Kenosha - er... yesterday ( I think). He took his car and headed to Madison, while I returned to Chicago and returned phone calls that I have been shamelessly missing. Chatted with Karin and decided to go down and visit her for the afternoon (Think Indian food, shopping, hot coco, and watching a hilarious movie called "Saved"). After that - I came back to my apartment and CRASHED. Morning plans did not materialize, so I am going down to HP soon to get some work done and meet up with Kerri for a movie. Tomorrow I'm hanging out with the charming Ben for thrifting amusement and Allyson for pre-workshop entertainment - then to the workshop, out for pizza, and then off to Madison again so that I can get my car fixed, hang out with my sister, see the boyfriend, and party like it's 1999 on State Street with the Halloween revelers (hopefully there won't be a riot this year).

I will be gone for the next week, dears, but I promise that when I return I will be back to my normal in-the-department-all-the-time-and-available-for-hanging-out-self. No more of this gallivanting across the country for a while.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home