a pocket full of rhinestones

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I'm not a bad person.

For not wanting to grade papers, right?

I have currently been avoiding about 11 thesis drafts.

The boy is on call tonight, so I may try grading them at home this evening.

I'm thinking I'll turn on my Xbox, grab a glass of wine, and every time I finish grading a paper - kill something. Ahhh catharsis.

So, the Katie update (probably more for me than you).

- Jobs: haven't heard back from the MAPH people yet - currently biting fingernails and hoping for an interview. Have to apply for other things too (although I'm not currently sure what they are)

- Writing program: a lot less stressful than the past 2 quarters, although I have a lot more students. During class I get to sit in the back, take attendance, and read. First seminar was on intros and conclusions, so I'm waiting to see what I get this Thursday with their first papers.

- Preceptees: Theses to comment on, paranoia to soothe, and last minute crises to field.

- Family: Now my mom's frustrated with me - Urk. Although my sister is in town and that means things are nice here.

- Dissertation: Actually doing much better! Met with V----- and things went very well. I think I have an idea for the intro to my proposal and the theory seems to be untangling itself rather nicely. Also there have been some spectacular finds in journals from the 1800s so there is a chance that all of this work will pay off in some good ways.

- Apartment: a disaster. I should put together the kitchen table, but that means I have to stain the table and I'm a little too lazy for that right now.

Back to the coal mines.

--kt

1 Comments:

  • Kill! Kill! Kill! If you need a cup a tea, lemme know--it hasn't made it into boxes yet.

    By Blogger Al, at 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home