a pocket full of rhinestones

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Ok, this will be my last in a string of very bitter blog entries. I will from this day forth decide to think happy thoughts and ignore the little black clouds that flit across the sunshine of my day.

But only after I bitch awhile. This resolution comes from the fact that it is logically impossible that my day could have been worse without the death of a close family member.

Seminar sucked ass. Some girl kept dominating the conversation in a lame attempt to present herself as someone who (against all odds) understood what our professor was saying. She picked arguments just to be contrary. She answered rethorical questions. She insisted on speaking both before and after anyone else who spoke. This would not ordinarily be annoying as it gives me a chance to scoot down in my chair and experience the mind-expanding properties of doodling in my notebook, but her complete incompetence merely frustrated everyone in the room making it impossible to sit back.

So seminar was bad, no reason why the rest of the day couldn't be good, right?

Wrong.

Then I drifted into the lounge and listened to 4th years tell me how impossible it is to get a job and what horrors lay in store for me once I'm done with my dissertation.

But that's ok, right? I mean no reason why my PhD only earning me 45,000 a year if I'm lucky should make me depressed, right?

But on to the rest of my day.

Professor X let us know that his office hours were again changed and after a light lunch I was ready to go and present my paper topic.

And he was late to his office hours - suprise suprise.

And he hated my paper topic.
And he suggested a whole bunch of things I should do that I don't understand.
And he wants me to write a kind of paper that I have never written before.
And I don't know what I'm doing.
And I would say things about his demeanor but I'm trying to be nice.

So today was bad. baad. BAAAAd.

And hopefully, tomorrow will be better. And the day after that. And the day after that.

And something.
Ah well.

Sorry all, I promise I will be happier tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home