a pocket full of rhinestones

Monday, February 02, 2004

OH MAN!

Although it is several hours after the fact, I am still annoyed. Yet again I have been foiled in my attempt to get a paper topic ratified, and all of this through the incompetence and utter apathy of Prof. X.

Office hours are supposed to be every week - notification needs to go out before 2am the evening previous if you're changing your plans.

Dang Dang Dang Dang Dang. This plus the rain/snow/sleet/slush mixture of today is making me one very surly girl.

On the upside, I spent most of the weekend antiquing. Let me tell you, there is nothing better than walking into the basement of a house and finding jadeite, jewelry, and 50's aluminum kitchenware.

Of course, I also bought some shot glasses and a tumbler or two, which implies alcohol in my near future. I'm attempting to drag my psyche and personality kicking and screaming into the clubbing 20's instead of the computer-gaming teens that I seem to be living in.

Soon I will know how to construct at LEAST 3 different cocktails without some kind of primer. Sad, I know, but apparently I was passed by on the platform of life by the train of evening entertainment.

Of course this all relates back to my near-incomprehensible lack of class which was pointed out to me two weeks ago. Apparently I have NO IDEA what are and are not good wines and meats, and my understanding of the subtle and delicate art of stinky cheeses is similar to that of prehistoric man.

Alas - I will apparently have to acquire culture somehow - Thus my project involving the most amusing of foods Alcohol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home