a pocket full of rhinestones

Sunday, June 06, 2004

This weekend

So this week-and-weekend has been rather maddeningly frustratingly busy. Apparently that streak of posting every day has been broken.

In any case.

Friday night was a punk party. So cool. To those who were there - you looked awesome. For my part I dressed up in a black dress, a ripped Bombardier t-shirt (decorated), gobs of jewelry, and punky-teased pigtails. OOOh and lots of makeup. Allyson, who helped me figure out the outfit the evening before, said that I looked like the cheerleader from hell. I hung out with Amber all day and then made the leap to party goodness at 10pm. I was home at 4am.

Then up at 8 to go to Racine and visit the family! There was an unbelievable amount of delicious food! There was antique shopping! There was a Greek Festival! There was hanging out with my awesome sister! There were orange rolls on the porch! There was the happy goodness of seeing my mom and dad! In all, the kind of relaxing weekend of familial happiness that everyone needs at the end of the quarter.

And I didn't even have to pack anything.

And I got a library bookstand (one of those metal paperback stands) at a book sale. Very cool. In fact, I also got a lot of fun books and things including but not limited to: another rhinestone necklace, an aurora borealis necklace, a silver plated bowl, a bunch of rhinestone hairpins, a jadeite salt and pepper shaker, a very old primer in German, kataifi, and Krispy Kremes.

And now I am back in Chicago, working on my paper and hoping that I can get all my shit together for the final week of stuff before the summer which will be full of stuff and the other stuff that I have to do so that my stuff will all be more stufflike.

And for the record: I deleted the post, but the feelings remain. Dude, the medication thing was totally below the belt and over the line. Not cool. This exact situation is why I am sick of people and the way they treat one another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home