a pocket full of rhinestones

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Dear diary. (warning - this post is not witty or sarcastic, but in fact - rather sad)

Anyone who says that dreams aren't Freudian wish fulfillments is wrong. I have evidence.

Last night I left a voicemail for a friend that hasn't been speaking to me for the past 2 months. There was a fight, there was silence - I know what happened, but I just can't believe that it was something about which we couldn't come to some solution. I guess I was wrong. I will really miss her. She is funky and cool and all of the sane that I am not. She has these shining qualities: a devotion to her friends, a fiery personality, a levelheaded understanding of what must be done, and the ability to follow through. Clearly losing her as a friend is shameful, and I never should have let it get this far. Sadly irreparable (apparently), so what can I do but wish her well and hope that someday things change?

On to my dream - She called me - we talked, it was as if none of this had happened. We bitched about our mutual person we bitch about, complained about not getting to see one another, we chatted. It was nice. Then I woke up.

Clearly Freud has scored a point in my corner.

Bye Becky. I will miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home