a pocket full of rhinestones

Thursday, October 14, 2004

More self-indulgence on the way...

I know you're all watching the KT overhaul with rapt attention - that last night you sat in front of your computer screen in anticipation of my next post, denying your interest in the Presidential debates to find out just HOW MANY DISHES I WASHED, IF I RESOLVED MY LAUNDRY CRISIS, and WHAT IS THIS SECRET PHASE 4?!!

Yeah.

So anyways - my overhaul is going over smoothly and resolutions have been made.

At least 3 study days per week (must include at least 6 hours of solid study on orals material)
At least 3 items from orals lists (total) read and noted upon.
At least 1 day spent on website - until finished
No more than 3 bad meals
Running at least 30 min every day
At least 1 day to unwind / do errands in which no schoolwork can be done.

I'm thinking this leaves 2 days a week for random unexpected things including but not limited to: houseguests, unexpected houseguests, drinking heavily, spontaneous combustion, alien abduction, crankiness, being ill, winning the lottery, and escaping Chicago.

Monetary analysis has also been completed, but I won't bore you even more with the details.

Judging from the number of hits that this site gets every day, someone out there is actually interested in these explanations of my life - either that or they are all just waiting until I come up with something similar to the cars-as-jargon again.

Speaking of interesting, I have been up 'til 2am or so every night this week working on the Halloween costume (think Lara Croft meets cyber-punk). There are, to date, several flashing, blinking, glowing, or otherwise shiny pieces. Think black vinyl pants, a 3 in wide leather and chain link belt, a red corset, a black tank top, a gray 70's leather jacket, a cyborg eyepiece (glows), a wired glove (fiber optic cable, black fingernails, and LED's), a finger-laser that glows red, and a harness that includes glow-in-the-dark cord and a modified 2’’ square glowing silicon pendant -- Oh, and a thigh holster with a squirtgun-turned-flashing-raygun.

Since this costume has to survive State Street (Madison) and the unholy crowds, nothing sticks out more than 1/2 inch from my body (although I'm thinking of converting a super soaker into a laser rifle that straps on my back - or perhaps a laptop I bought for $2.50 and gutted the other day). Since I am going out with the boyfriend, his sister, and her fiancée, I have been sweetly asked by the boyfriend to please "not look like a dominatrix this year".

I will do my best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home