a pocket full of rhinestones

Monday, October 11, 2004

Instantiation of structural integrity pursuant to personal effort.

That's it. I know that I seem to be on top of things, but, alas, no.

I don't mind sharing with you (and really, would I be writing it if I did?) that my life is a big mess right now. Orals and website and laundry and friends and apartment and boyfriend and family and car and dishes and mess mess mess are all clamoring for my attention and really, there is only so much Katie to go around. Because of this, my life has frayed a little at the edges, gotten some rips, and has a slightly manic look about it. I find this intolerable, thus I dedicate this week to getting my life back in order.

This seems a little self-indulgent (to me) as I have so many other things that I could profitably be doing with this time, but I think that actually setting aside said time for this purpose will serve me well in the long run. I seem to remember this book from my childhood called "The Big Clean Up" where Jennifer "picked up stuff, blew away fluff, shook out the mat, hung up her hat, swept the floor, and tidied the drawer, and worked and worked for most of the day until every last thing was put away" (if my memory serves). I will take this as my (rather long) battle cry and attack my life with gusto and Windex.
Hopefully what will emerge is a newer, shinier me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home