a pocket full of rhinestones

Monday, October 18, 2004

So I bet you're wondering what happened to me.

I was doing so well, too... Posting almost every day - and suddenly I dropped off the face of the world- or something similar.

You see, Thursday was great - I perfected Phase 3 and readied for Phase 4, and then went down to Hyde Park for the afternoon (and evening - ah pub). Then things got interesting. I swung by to pick up Kerri on the way back to my apt where we crashed until Friday morning when we thrifted the hell out of upper Illinois and lower Wisconsin. Post that, she was supposed to go back on the afternoon train, which we missed, thus causing a chain reaction that led to my sister (in from Madison), my mother, my grandmother, Kerri, and I eating at the Olive Garden and generally having a wonderful time as we raced the clock to get Kerri to the last train in Kenosha so that we didn't have to race it to Waukegan. Post that, a trip to Kohls and general crashing at home with the family. Saturday morning was an early trip to an estate sale (7am) to purchase an exquisite example of the 1950's Schwinn bike ($25) and then to the Salvation army and St. Vinnies with my sister. This dovetailed into my quick shower / haircut / concoction of an outfit for the Boyfriend's sister's bridal shower at 1 which led to an excursion to find glasses and a rendevous with my sister and mother for cookies, ice cream, and wine. Sunday - I chatted with my mother for part of the morning and then was picked up by the boyfriend so that we could go with HIS mother to lunch (guess where?) at the Olive Garden and post-eating-shopping at TJ Max so that she wouldn't feel left out after which we took his car to Evanston where he and I spent the night to leave early this morning for Racine where I could pick up my car but then changed plans at the last moment so that I ended up going to Madison (where I am currently in the med-school library) and will be coming to Racine to pick up my car to go to Evanston sometime tonight or tomorrow morning (depending on how tired I am) after he teaches a class and I work with him some more on his statement of purpose for residency programs.

Notes:

I am now very tired
My hair is remarkably short (considering it was down to my ass before)
I have no clear conception of what happened to my weekend or even what day it is
I never completed Phase 4

Life will return to normal sometime in the next 24 hours. I'll let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home