a pocket full of rhinestones

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Better day.

So this morning was a little demoralizing, but this afternoon was great. Elections seemed to go off well, which is a load off of my mind. By mid afternoon (while eating some crazy pita-like Cobb food and sitting on a sunny lawn) I was starting to feel better. Rumors of drinks tomorrow lifted my spirits even more.

I just have to say that, damn, I miss being a kid. This evening I got to hang out with the lovely Anais and:

played in 4 parks
read pop-up books at 57th street books
had conversations between small plastic blocks
spun around and around until I fell down
met some of her friends
played red-light green-light
became a dinosaur
played leapfrog
and attended an impromptu ballet performance on the lawn.

It was fantastically fun, and next week we're working on cartwheels! Suddenly I'm feeling very nostalgic for childhood... but, of course, I am only nostalgic for the part of childhood when people didn't pull my hair, I didn't have to go to bed early, I could tie my own shoes, and I didn't have to raise my hand and get a hall pass to go to the bathroom. Apparently I am nostalgic only for the trappings of childhood with none of the boogers.

Thus all is well in the realm of KT again - morale is high and aggravation is at an all week low - hopefully this will carry me through tomorrow's studyfest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home