a pocket full of rhinestones

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Bitter Black Bile.

So today was not the best.

Started out the day with this pedagogy sweatshop - nightmarish. I would like to suggest that in a hypothetical teaching situation in which one would be in charge of say, teaching pedagogy, one would choose a teacher who taught well. Perhaps this was some kind of secret advanced pedagogical technique of reverse psychology where the prof: arrives late, gets into arguments with students, hands out useless handouts on which we are supposed to follow along but decides at the last minute to instead paraphrase (with little success) something she got off the internet this morning, wanders off in the middle of the session to get a fruit cup, tells everyone that they're wrong, aimlessly shuffles for minutes at a time through an ill-organized pile of crap on her desk while repeating the same thing over and over, etc. in hopes that the students watching would be inspired to be NOTHING LIKE THAT when they came to teach. I would like to attribute this to advanced pedagogy, but I'm afraid that it might just be crap. Lots -o- crap with more on the way.

So after that I had a rug pulled out from under me in another random departmental way that I really won't go into here.

Then I came home to find out that I felt ill. Continued to feel ill all night, but managed to get in my exercise.

Have lost all interest in the website - am hoping that something happens to make me care again - because right now it's seeming like a lot more trouble than its worth; and if there's noone around to update it after this year (or when I'm gone) then there's really no point in having the damn thing in the first place, which is a shame because it will be really useful. Ah well - it will go up anyways, but like everything in the department fall into disrepair and become a fountain of misinformation in 3 years.

Yipes - so I'm a little grumpy right now. Thunderheads have been building on the horison for days and there has been a definite drop in barometric pressure, so the chances of me throwing a couple of ill-placed lightning bolts are high - also watch out for foggy thinking, icy humor, and 20% chance of sudden tearful downpours. Sunshine and pleasant weather are not expected until Friday, but before then look out for partly cloudy countenances and a chance of snowy disposition. High of 666 low of absolute zero. Here's Mark with sports....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home