a pocket full of rhinestones

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

But enough of this bitterness.

I'm generally a very laid-back person. And I don't usually lose my temper - so to my readers I apologise for my outburst. Frankly, nerves had been twanging all week and I snapped. Thus, you all have a fine example of KT on a very bad day.

Beautifully, I got to spend the weekend with both my sister and the boyfriend, which means that stress drifted away in a lovely haze of good cookery and thrifting.

I haven't seen her since Christmas, and we had a blast - vegetarian indian buffet, Salvation Army, St. Vinnies, chicken and pasta, much liqour, etc. It was fun for the whole family.

Speaking of fun, we went to the St. Vinnies "Dig and Save" outlet in Madison. Folks, I have to say that if you are into the most hardcore of thrifting experiences, this is it. This is where they ship all the clothes that didn't sell (for one reason or another) in the other thrift stores. It's priced by the pound. So the thrift shopper walks in the store, approaches on of the 30 or so HUGE cardboard boxes filled to the brim with clothing and starts digging. There's also a junk room with furniture, glassware, pots and pans, and sundries. We walked away with a leather jacket, a North Face coat, an alpaca wool sweater, a shirt, a stuffed snowman (not mine), and a headboard for $8.00. This puts even my previous cheapness to shame.

It's a little psycho in there. People hover over their "lucky" box and fight over clothing - totally strange.

I would also like to indicate that my sister, despite her back pain, woke up early and made me pancakes. She is so cool.

Late Sunday evening I drove over to see the boyfriend, we ate dinner and I crashed at his place . Monday morning I left at 7am to drive back to Chicago and experience office hours that lasted, sadly, from 11am to 5pm (student paper rewrites).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home