a pocket full of rhinestones

Thursday, January 20, 2005

do you remember me?

I looked at myself in the mirror this morning

"self, you're looking pretty crappy"
"thanks, brat, you're looking pretty unpleasant yourself this morning."
"do you even remember who I am anymore?"
"Of course - you're KT"
"and..."
"a grad student"
"great - I always wanted that as my marker in the world"
"well, what do you want?"
"I want to be a grown-up"
"sorry babe, you have a few years to wait"
"I WANT TO BE A GROWN UP!"
"you're acting childish."
"I WANT A LIFE RIGHT NOW! - I DEMAND A LIFE OF MY OWN RIGHT NOW!"
"wait"
"wait?"
"yes, wait."
"I'm always waiting - I've been waiting"
"doesn't matter - you have to wait"
"and a house?"
"wait"
"and a husband?"
"wait"
"and a job?"
"wait"
"and children?"
"wait"
"and not moving every year or two?"
"wait"
"are we there yet?"
"no."
"will we ever be?"
"wait and see"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home