a pocket full of rhinestones

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Weekend fun.

I currently have a headache. But I feel that this headache was so well earned with fun yesterday and this morning that frankly - it almost feels good.

Last night I grabbed the train down to meet the ever-convivial prenebriated Jett and his charming roommate Jacob for dinner @ Leonas. The sign, I am told, has slowly been losing letters - so Leonas became Leons and now it is simply eons - which is apparently a warning to indicate to prospective patrons how long it will take for your waitress to arrive.

Ok, so the help wasn't great, but the food was amazing (some complicated chicken-pico-avacado-mayo-sandwich-thingy with a side of pesto pasta). Yum. This was preceded by the most obscenely large long island I have ever seen. This bugger was three times the size of a bar long island and was flavored with peach schnapps - making it delicious and deceptively non-alcoholic tasting.

Post dinner we headed down to meet Steph and Carl for further inebriation at a bar whose name I cannot remember, but which had really good lemon drops. At some point during the evening I decided I needed a cigar - so Steph and I ran over to the Walgreens to grab something cheap. After wandering (quite drunk by this time) into the store and being vaguely confused at the utter lack of clerks, we began to wander around - eventually coming up0n a rather shocked stocker who informed us that they were already closed for the evening and how did we get in there anyways? (I probably would have been more embarrassed about the whole deal, but frankly this did not seem odd to me at the time, and I imagine that we didn't look all that threatening in matching knit black-cat hats with ears and pom-poms.) Making a hasty retreat, we ran to the liquor store across the street where the man behind the counter insisted on petting the ears. Odd.

Aaaaanyways, we had a great evening - there was impromptu dancing, and I crashed Chez Steph and Carl on a very comfortable futon. (I also had my very first ride in a cab! Yippee!) This morning, vaguely hungover, we all watched TV and my charming hosts concocted something ultra delicious for breakfast using tortillas and french fries and eggs and salsa and cheese and sour cream, and really - it was astonishingly good. Steph and Carl are so cool.

So I am back at my apartment, thinking about curling up for an afternoon nap and then reading for Monday. What a delightful weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home