a pocket full of rhinestones

Saturday, April 16, 2005

News and entertainment.

Ok, I can't really back that last part up, but I do have news.

I signed a lease this morning. That's right, folks, the apartment hunt is over. Location is perfect - 2 blocks from Lakeshore Drive and the red line. Price is perfect. Interior has 10 ft ceilings, hwf in living room and bedroom, nice kitchen, 12 panel oak doors with original hardware and a SUNROOM. That's right, I will be able to get skin cancer INDOORS (aren't you jealous?) So anyways, the boy came down to see me this morning and we signed the lease (yay! boy is finally actually really really for sure moving to Chicago because I HAVE HIS NAME ON A LEGAL DOCUMENT (and suddenly all my little pipe-dreams that have been floating around about how cool it would be for the both of us to be in the same city are actually coming true).

Ok, so I'm sappy about it, but you should see the smile on my face right now.

So that was my morning - Ahhhhh...

And this afternoon Kerri, Allyson and I went off to Oak Park for a vintage clothing and jewelry show. Fun... expensive, but fun. Kerri, of course, looks just great in everything and I hate her for it, while nothing fits me (all those people from non-modern midwestern America are so small!). The tiaras, however, were amazing.

Then back to HP for dinner with the ever-charming and totally spiritually uplifting Noelle. Man, when you are fried, she is always the nicest person to hang out with. So, I would just like to indicate that Noelle rocks. Post dinner we went and did naughty decadent book shopping at Powells (myself ending up with the Joy of Cooking and Mimesis, while she found two cookbooks that look delicious). Ah, extravagant expenditures on the self.

I just got home about an hour ago, called the parents, and generally am giving myself the night off. It's been a book a day this week and I really really needed some moments for the eyes to regain function. Ahhh De Man, will I ever forget you? Not without drugs, I'm afraid.

So this week,

Tess
Frankenstein
Mysterious Stranger
Aesthetic Ideology
Walden
Ideology of the Aesthetic (pending)
Of One Blood (pending) or Beyond Aesthetics (pending)

gah. That's about... er... 2000 pages. Oh my eyes bleed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home