a pocket full of rhinestones

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Weekend madness and ensuing hermitage

My sister came to visit me in Chicago this weekend! Yay! It was great to see her again (we live way too far apart) and we had a lot of fun.

Friday evening: she arrived chez moi about 5ish and we scampered down to Pizza Capri on Sheffield and Belmont in order to grab some delightful "shroom" pizza. It's always fun going out in the city with my sister because everything makes her happy (and she gets these really wide eyes). Dinner was, obviously, delightful and then we were going to meet up with Jett for drinks. He was delayed so we drove down to the loop to scope out a place called Sugar, which, unfortunately, had a $10 cover. Clearly I am too poor to be payin for the priviledge of sitting inside some bar, so we wandered back up to Boystown to meet Jett. We arrived @ the Twisted Spoke a few min. before he did, so we grabbed some drinks and hid in the back room. Jett arrived and I thought, hell, I need another drink. Upon wandering up to the bar and waiting for the drink, I encountered a very very drunk fellow (about 25) that wanted to arm-wrestle. Inexplicably. I couldn't get away from him, so I thought, "why not", and proceeded to whup his ass. The first time he wasn't trying (of which I informed him) and the second time he just wasn't strong enough. Rather annoyed at his loss, he turned back to the group of friends who saw this happen and encountered a mocking. I was busy paying for my drink, and apparently in the meantime he had concocted the scheme that in order to save face he was going to MOON me. I'm not sure how the logic of this works, as it really isn't saving face to drop trou' in the middle of a biker bar on a Friday night, but that's what happened. He pulled those fuckers all the way down to his knees and bent over.

Upon hearing about this, my friends have all asked the same question. You would think it would be something like "did anyone else see him?" answer: the whole bar, or perhaps "what did you do?" answer: took my drink and walked right around him back to my table, instead the FIRST question everyone asks was "was it a hairy ass?" answer: no, dears, it was as beautifully smooth as a baby's bottom. How this gets to be the first (and usually the only) question is beyond my comprehension, but there it is.

Post this debacle, we abandoned the Spoke and headed down for some dancing at Roscoe's (a really really cool gay bar with "the most good-looking men I have ever seen in one place" according to my sister). This is so true. We had a blast, I haven't danced so much in my entire life.

After crashing back at my place we awoke early Saturday to catch Kerri in the loop. A bit fuzzy headed and bleary-eyed, we arrived at the Art Institute and picked up the ever-perky Kerri (especially when thrifting is concerned). We hit all of our major stops (Village on Roscoe and Unique on Sheridan) before meeting up with Al for some delicious Indian goodness at Tiffin. After that, more thrifting (unbelieveable deals) and my buy of the day which is a brand-new-still-has-the-tag-on Kenneth Cole silk dress in brown for $5. Swanky! We couldn't meet up with Karin and Eric for dinner, so we caught food and watched Kill Bill vol. 1 and 2.

Sunday we did the shopping thing, hitting all the major oraganizational shops and Trader Joe's before I had to send my sister back off to the wilds of Wisconsin.

Monday: Reading, like, all day (Tess of the D'Urbervilles and Frankenstien)

Tuesday: Studying in HP with Karin, lunch at Salonica, dinner at Noodles etc. (Eagleton's Ideology of the Aesthetic, and De Man's Aesthetic Ideology)

Today: Reading Walden and meeting up with Becky in Gurnee for dinner.

Tomorrow and all weekend: Study Study Study Study - I will be a hermit and actually get what I have to get done, done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home