a pocket full of rhinestones

Thursday, November 10, 2005

SO they moved.

I can write this in complete certianty that my mother has no access to a computer and wouldn't know how to find my blog even if she did.


They moved - 2 weekends ago. Halloween.

Out of the family house and into some fucking 55 and older retirement community in Racine. Seriously, everyone there is 70+

In RACINE, the armpit of Wisconsin. Of course, they couldn't move elsewhere because my grandma lives there (in the same building, of course) and my dad still has his job.

I get the feeling that my parents are actually, secretly 80 years old and only pretending to be younger for show. Fuck that - they are actually 55 and act like they're 90+ and at death's door.

This is really my mother's doing. With the OCD with the Agoraphobia, with the sheltered, tiny, ever-contracting life she leads - it's no wonder that they have decided at 55 that the house is just too much for them and that they would be much happier in a less vibrant area with no lawn to mow or house to worry about. With old people having happy hour in the TV room at 4pm and a heated parking garage - the door of which a woman with dementia drove through last year because she just "didn't see it there".

They sold the piano. They sold the dining room set. They sold the dressers. They gave away hundreds of other things. They sent to my sister's house everything nice because "Katie still has her life up in the air, so we can't sent them to her - maybe when she gets a house". So they would really rather give away or sell the nice things than send them to me.

And they really didn't want Molly and me involved. I've never even seen the place. Don't know where their apartment is, don't know what it looks like, don't even really know what they brought.

Didn't help them move, didn't help them pack (they didn't want us to). Don't know where Thanksgiving will be this year.

They didn't even call.

I don't care that they left the house - I hated that house. But they didn't just leave the house, they left my sister and I behind.

Supposedly this move is going to give them more free time on the weekends to come visit us - yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home