a pocket full of rhinestones

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Feeling better.

Better enough, that is, to realize that it will only increase my personal store of bitterness and not even be amusing to relate the absolute ridiculosity of my attempting-to-get-well experience.

On the up side I've got 20 pages of the proposal written (good pages? that remains to be determined), and nowhere that I can go until Tuesday (sorry about 13 de Mayo, I'm sure you don't all want what I've got). So I have a chance of getting the proposal in by Wednesday with a minimum of hair-pulling.

So on to something more interesting.

Doctorice and I have been batting back and forth ideas for our school's English T-shirts. Frankly, some of them have been very funny.

So I'm compiling a list. Let me know if y'all think of any others.

University of ------- English
- I would prefer not to

University of ------- English
- Heart of Darkness

University of ------- English
- It is bitter, bitter... but I like it because it is bitter, and because it is my heart

University of ------- English
- Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

University of ------- English
- They gave themselves up wholly to their sorrow, seeking increase of wretchedness in every reflection that could afford it, and resolved against ever admitting consolation in future.

University of ------- English
- provided that nothing like useful knowledge could be gained from them, provided they were all story and no reflection, she had never any objection to books at all.

University of ------- English
- for the stress of circumstances, Fred felt, was sharpening his acuteness and endowing him with all the constructive power of suspicion.


These are, of course from Melville, Conrad, Crane, Lovecraft, Austen, and Eliot

Perhaps we should have t-shirts made or something.

Anyway, back to convalescing





2 Comments:

  • From the other Eliot:

    University of the Ninth Circle English
    This is how the world ends
    This is how the world ends
    This is how the world ends

    By Blogger J, at 1:11 PM  

  • I was just about to come in with many more Eliot lines, but I would totally wear Jett's contribution.

    Also:
    University of Chimera English
    These fragments I have shored against my ruins

    University of Chaos English
    Hieronymo's mad againe

    And, finally:

    University of Imago English
    There would have been a time for such a word.
    To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
    To the last syllable of recorded time,
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home