a pocket full of rhinestones

Monday, September 25, 2006

Poorness

Yeah. I've got a little of ye olde frustration going on with the absurd pay schedule in HP.

Because I have, currently, FOUR jobs and I am still not getting paid until THE LAST DAY OF OCTOBER!

Now this, my friends, is a serious problem for me because this means that for the entirety of October I am going to be utterly poverty-stricken in the same way that I was for all of September from school / hospital bills, etc. Except with the difference that if new bills come this month I will have Jack Squat to pay them with.

Now how terrifically difficult would it be for them to pay us sometime in the month that isn't the last day of the month, i.e. the day before rent is due every single time. I'm thinking that the 15th or so would be far more reasonable - or even *gasp* getting paid bi-weekly instead of once-a-freaking-month.

Now I'm not sure about your opinions on the matter, but there is something highly wrong with a system where I have four jobs, am a full time student, and I am seriously thinking about the cash benefits of plasma donations, selling off pieces of furniture, and possibly starting a cottage industry in the department making customized laptop bags.

Or maybe I can set up a card table in the quads and draw people as comic book characters.

Or maybe I should just apply for a retail job and fuck all of this training that I've gotten, because, hey I can make WAY more than $1500 in 3 months at Target.

sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home