a pocket full of rhinestones

Thursday, August 10, 2006

So i'm sitting here in the hospital

Very exciting... Very, very, exciting.

Ok, not so much.

I have about 26 electrodes on my head and they have wrapped my head in gauze so that I really really look like a 19th century victim of a toothache - or possibly a battlefield casualty. I've got, like 3 different wristbands and an IV in my hand, and everything that I do is monitored by a video camera in the corner and onscreen with little wavy EEG lines.

This is pretty strange.

The boy went home for the evening (has to work tomorrow), so I'm pretty much going it solo tonight.

I have my mountain dew and a bunch of magazines to keep me company - and the internet. The internet is awesome.

So, yeah, things are strangeness on this end. On the up side I got to go out on a shopping spree today for fun stuff to entertain myself, shiny new pens, and a bunch of pajamas that don't have to be pulled on over my head (cause of the totally silly looking ponytail of wires I'm currently sporting.

You know that guy in Jabba the Hutt's ship that had what looked like a big snake wrapped around his head? That's what I look like right now.

I got my boy to promise to bring my digital camera tomorrow so I have pictures of this.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home