a pocket full of rhinestones

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I could be, should be, would be doing something productive right now...

But instead I'm blogging.

You know how diss. advisors have that knack for picking at the weak parts of your argument like an obsessive-compulsive with a bit of dirt stuck to their shoe? Yeah.

I thought that since the proposal went in on Friday I would have 1 blissful week in which to catch up on a sundry stuff before my meeting this Friday. One blissful week of cleaning, Oblivion, commenting on papers, doing laundry, and filing.

Alas. An advisor got back to me on Sunday night with a list of questions that I need to answer for Friday. Ass.

Although, I have to be thankful for the comments, interest, and effort on her part.

I'm currently hanging in the the Writing Program cubicles, and will be all week as I wait for my kiddies to stop by for individual meetings on their papers (due Friday). $5 says they all show up on Thursday afternoon. Feel free to stop by, throw m&m's over the walls, bring me bagels, rig up a pyrotechnic lights display, bring in a hovercraft, whatever... because I will be bored out of my mind.

These bitternesses aside, It is positively LOVELY outside, and I will be able to sleep with the windows open tonight. This will make me a VERY happy girl. I'm thinking that this evening I will dedicate a little bit of time to the laundry, a little bit of time to the sunroom, and a little bit of time to making sure that my Oblivion character closes the oblivion gate that opened up outside of the cave I'm currently exploring. And I wil drink cider. Cider sounds really good. Perhaps soup will be made. Soup is good too.

Ok, rambling - back to work.

3 Comments:

  • Can my ghost stop by instead? As for good weather--there's finally a teensy weensy little bit of blue sky here. The whole area's been flooding off and on for about a week now.

    As for ocd advisors, um, yeah. I know what you mean. Let me guess, the email came in at 3am? Just a guess....

    By Blogger Al, at 12:57 PM  

  • Your ghost can only stop by if you are dead, and that would be bad. Instead, how about you leave a package of m&m's on the bumper of a truck leaving Vermont, and I'll buy one here and we'll pretend that they're the same m&m's.

    By Blogger katie, at 3:34 PM  

  • I like m&m's.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home