a pocket full of rhinestones

Thursday, October 12, 2006

rainbows, kittens, sunshine, and lollipops

No, really.

I'm currently in Florida in what appears to be THE COOLEST HOUSE ON THE PLANET. It seems to be full of the most kitsch per square inch (KSI) possible without the formation of a neutron star.

They have:

A working jukebox
An astonishing collection of vintage radios
And beer signs
Little cement dolphins that squirt water into the pool
an astonishing number of indigenous geckos
a sofa made out of the tail section of a '57 chevy
a stained glass lamp that looks like a peacock's tail
a signed Elvis poster
and a thousand other things that I haven't had time to gawk at yet.

See below for pool:



















So things are good. Although I have been unconscious for most of my time here. I had no idea how sleep deprived I was.

My boy noticed that every time I pick up a book to try and work on my dissertation, I fall asleep. Apparently my body is trying to tell me something.

Hugs to everyone and I will post soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home