a pocket full of rhinestones

Sunday, March 14, 2004

Done.

It's over. I'm done. They're packed up and finished and ready to hand in tomorrow {sigh of relief}.

Other than that? I have been a very very busy girl the past two days.

Last night I get a call... Anne's bored, I'm bored - I bring down junk food and caffeine and we watch disaster movies until 3am. I still declare that "The Towering Inferno" (a 70's film about a burning high-rise that has explosions of: helicopters, people, faulty wiring, 2,000,000 gallon water tanks, several rooms, and a scenic elevator) is a cinematic triumph and a spectacular comedy.

Kudos also to "The Poseidon Adventure" - the only film where a renegade Reverend leads a motley crew consisting of: an ex-hooker, her husband, two children (being constantly "touched" by the reverend), a hippie druggie, a Jewish couple, a Scottish galley waiter, and a nice bachelor that eats alfalfa pills (no kidding). They all attempt to escape a cruise liner that is flipped upside down by an utterly implausible tsunami. Special points for the Christmas tree scene, calling the god Poseidon "that cat there", and a really slimy preacher.

I'm afraid that "The Towering Inferno" wins overall because (as I explained to Anne) there are only so many things that you can play with in an upside down ship but you can fly in helicopters to lift a scenic elevator off a high-rise. Ahhh - 70's disaster flicks.

Thus, I ended up sleeping on Anne's comfortable floor - and I stayed in Hyde Park all afternoon today in my silly plaid flannel jammie pants to hang out in the Regenstein and generally work a little, eat lunch at the bagel, buy books from Powells, and head back here to finish up "The Amber Gods" (my paper has lovingly been titled "Walking the Knife's Edge").

I am also secretly planning to finish writing my comic book over this vacation - wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home