a pocket full of rhinestones

Thursday, March 11, 2004

One paper written, one to go.

I just finished the bibliography for my taste paper, and frankly I know that I need to do a final spot-check read-through for grammatical errors, but I don't want to look at it anymore.

Page Count = 21
Endnotes = 2
Sources = 18
Word count = 6,956
Sanity = 67.259% and rising

Tomorrow I get to get up really early, wander back over to the cement monstrosity that is Northwestern University library, and finish up my analysis of "The Amber Gods". If I can get the damn thing cleaned up tomorrow, I will celebrate by rewarding myself with something cool yet mysterious, exciting yet daring, meaty yet satisfying - you guessed it, a pot pie. Perhaps there will be alcohol, perhaps not - in either case, there will be cleaning.

In 10th week, your best bet as a procrastination tool is cleaning. It has the "look, I'm doing something useful" feel about it; while simultaneously being a way to avoid footnotes, that pesky conclusion you were going to write, and general formatting in the Chicago style (why isn't the MLA good enough for the U of C? The world may never know). Thus, my bathroom has already received a thorough scouring - and my bedroom was vacuumed! Amazing - I didn't remember that I had brought in an oriental rug - the strata of clothing was beginning to fossilize, and I know I should have just left it alone (with just a little more pressure and another year I'm sure that I would have had some diamonds forming under my pile-o-socks.)

Mined from my laundry:

1 package Cinnaburst (which my spellchecker wanted to replace with: coniferous) gum
98 cents (3 quarters, 1 nickel, and 18 pennies - I knew I had a penny stash somewhere (gumballs Ho!))
1 Canadian penny
3 hair ties
1 lost necklace
1 box of cinnamon Altoids with "Sindy" on the cover (collectible Altoids!)
A Llama (I have no idea how he got in here, but I've decided to name him Ned)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home