a pocket full of rhinestones

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Oddly helpful day.

Dear readers -- today was a good day.

My presentation went better than could possibly be hoped (X smiled when I was finished! Hallelujah!), and this means that tonight I can sit here and blog instead of running to the library in order to do massive amounts of research to change the paper that I already have (mostly) written.

But today was more about being someone to bounce ideas off of than actually producing ideas of my own, and I'm feeling really good about this.

First - I saw three cats on Harper St. this morning. Now, I know it's going to be a good day when I see one, but three means that it will be extra special nice [I feel (totally unscientifically) that I have some sort of affinity with cats, and thus by fiat I have decided they are good luck for me]. And today, I helped three people with their papers today (1 in class, one over lunch, and one over a second lunchette I was talked into for the glory of fried chicken). Coincidence? I think not.

So with my highly unscientific assessment of the supernatural situational alignment that led to my being useful to others today, this either means that I am totally done for the day helping people with their papers, or, alternately, that I am some kind of paper-problem-solving machine for the day, capable of rendering vague but cool ideas into a structural form.

That said, if anyone wants help, tonight is the night to call. Of course, if the previous of the two statements is true I will steer you in totally the wrong way, but you pays your money and you takes your chances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home