a pocket full of rhinestones

Monday, January 17, 2005

There's this smell.

I don't know if it's because I've been grading papers for 4 hours, or because I drank a lot of coffee today, or perhaps a combination of the two - but smells are totally driving me nuts.

I readily agree that some of my senses don't work so well. I can't hear for shit, I have lost feeling in the tips of most of my fingers (metalsmithing will do that to you), and I have a palate as advanced as the next ravenous wolf.

But sight and smell are the two that actually function with some kind of accuracy.

Except today, or, especially today.

I could smell the gasoline off the car in front of me on the freeway, I could smell the coffee I drank on my skin 2 hours later, I could smell the inkjet vs. lazer ink on the papers I have to grade. My kitchen smells of gas although all the burners are off, and my radiators smell hot. And there is some mysterious smell from this particular kind of really annoying decaying berry on the tree outside that is driving me batshit insane and caused me to crawl around my apartment like a bloodhound with my nose to the floor trying to detect the funk.

If this seems odd, that's because it is - Currently I'm going the carpetbombing route of full on burning peppermint oil strikes. If the funk persists, I may have to get the flamethrower.

wait -- is... my... neighbor... making...fried... rice... again? NOOOOOOOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home