a pocket full of rhinestones

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

More freaking snow - damn that groundhog!

I want to like the snow - snow is good (er. in the cosmic sense) - and yet and yet I seem to be unable to actually feel happy about this snow right now.

Contrast verse from the beginning of winter:

The snow...
Like whipped marshmallows
Or sugar wet, but sweet...
When we would stand outside
And catch flakes on our tongues
Melting like cotton candy.
Crystallized water,
Falling as the dreams
Of a child
Playing in this
Perfect
White
Promise
Which covers
All the sins
In a blanket
Of Pure
White.

With verse made impromptu by yours truly on the spot today:

Fucking
Damn
Stupid
Chilly
Snow....
Bleah.

It's charming the contrast that a couple of months will make.

Assiduously working on my comic book. Page 1 is 1/2 done.

only 19 more to go... I feel much like the children in Annie - running towards Daddy Warbucks house, which runs in my memory somewhat as follows:

"what street are we on?"
"53rd."
"and where do we have to get to?"
"144th."
"Oh my goodness, Oh my goodness"
"come on"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home