a pocket full of rhinestones

Friday, March 26, 2004

PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY

It is my birthday tomorrow! And as I will be far far too drunk to post, I am letting you all know my thoughts.

So far, my quarter-century has been interesting. I have apparently done all the things that people wanted me to do since childhood correctly: meaning I have now jumped through enough flaming hoops (go doggie go!) so that I can line myself up for a new set of flaming hoops in my next 3 years of grad school.

That said, I think that on the whole, things could have been worse. Actually, looking around at some of the people that I left high school with I know that things could have been worse. And better. But I'm pretty happy here in the middle: learning about obscure theoretical shadows of a former century, living in a studio with my antique collections, figuring out who the hell I am, having a loving if overbearing family, great friends who care about me, and a charming boyfriend.

Thus I greet my new year with a humble spirit and a happy heart. Thank you, world, for this gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home