a pocket full of rhinestones

Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Update

I don't know if it's laziness, or just the fact that not much interesting has been happening, but I haven't posted in a few days so I thought I'd give you all an update:

Thursday - I went down to Julius Meinl and spent forever there in a comfortable chair drawing on my comic book. I also bought some tea, which means that I can have deliciousness everywhere I go. Looked at the three fantastic bookstores in Evanston, and collected the handful of books mentioned earlier.

Friday - Down to Hyde Park for rummage sailing - I not only got a charming sliver-plated water pitcher and matching tumbler, but found a pair of unbelievably ugly earrings to match the double-knit orange monstrosity of a dress that I picked up last year. Oh man am I going to freak the hell out of everyone someday - I will be as a huge glowing column of blinding orange light! Spent the rest of the day kicking around Hyde Park and generally attempting to kill time until…

Saturday - Met the boyfriend for dinner! He was delightful as always, and we watched "Lost in Translation" which is actually a really good movie. I love the bit with ripping the stockings: that was charming beyond reason. Boyfriend and I agree that Bill Murray is one of the few people left in the acting profession that can do physical humor without looking like an idiot. Got hissed at by boyfriend's cat, got back to my house late, got an incredibly good deal on the Kenneth Branagh "Hamlet" tapes ($4.99! (you have to understand that I have been waiting to buy this movie for about 4 years because I didn't want to pay the $30.00 for two stupid VHS tapes -- I had almost given up hope that I would ever get a good deal and then – like magic I was attracted almost against my will into an FYE store and there they were, gleaming in their shrink-wrap)), also got "Girl Interrupted", "A Midsummer Night's Dream", and "Star Trek: First Contact" (if you don't understand, you never will), and am now missing My Love terribly.

Sunday - At home in Racine (parent's house) - fairly ordinary day, went shopping with Mom and Grandma. Good food, good company, good deal on a teapot (don't have to make tea in a saucepan anymore!), and good vintage clothing given to me by my grandma. I now have a black dress to die for, and a purple and pink plaid mohair coat (giggle if you like, but it is damn cool).

Monday - Shopping with Mom for wonderful things like jello, crackers, soup, potpies, and other sundries to make life in Evanston livable. Thanks, Mom. This was also an evening of Twix bars, being sat on repeatedly by our quite evil cat (she sits there and gives you doe eyes until you pet her and then 10 min later she whips around and bites you – just to let you know that it’s time to stop petting her now), and watching "Pirates of the Caribbean" (Argggg).

Tuesday - Drove back to Evanston - and on the way stopped off at a charming antique store where I got a lid for the white and red enamel pot that I forgot in my mom's van while shopping on Monday. Ah well... I'll just have to get it on the way up to Madison this weekend. Watched a movie, ate some soup, polished some silver, decanted the glögg into a charming ex-whiskey container, read "The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents", and slept.

Wednesday - Hummm... That's today. Well, I started working on my comic book again this morning after giving up in despair around Monday. I have 8 pages in various stages of completion (all of which suck). Tonight is blogging, movie watching, making dinner, and variously wasting time. Tomorrow, I'm sure, will be more of the same - This weekend to MADISON!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home