a pocket full of rhinestones

Friday, October 01, 2004

sorry about the apostrophe

Alas - my grammar this morning was apparently a little off - I believe that it was the bloody marys - damn clever little things when it comes to messing up grammar.

In any case - just got back from Devon where Becky and I made the buffet at Tiffin worth the $8 in a big way. Wandering down the street we picked up various entertaining things.

Can someone tell me for what people use 2 2-foot long hollow anodized aluminum rods with designs and bells on? Becky bought some and has no idea what they're for.

We walked into one shop where the ladies were very nice and very good at sizing up exactly how much someone is willing to pay (not having prices on any merchandise so that they can make up a price on the spot helps). I actually got a fairly good deal on a necklace / earring set which is beautiful. Becky got totally snowed only because she didn't care at all what price it was an we were both too tired to haggle. I think that the ladies felt bad, however, for the extent to which they essentially monetarily raped us in the eye because as we were leaving they gave us bracelets for free.

Back here for a nap before the evening's festivities.

Ah well. Thus, Becky - I can say for certain that this was an evening / morning I will always remember - very gold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home