a pocket full of rhinestones

Sunday, April 18, 2004

Folklorize this!

You know, I had a really churningly bitter black bile of a post to put up today (about my paper and my life in general, aloofness, oversharing, coldness, incommunicado, rain, orals, rewrites, and people who use the prefix “uber" who aren’t German) and yet I suddenly just don't have the will to be grumpy anymore.

I mean - after I wrote it, I didn't care anymore. This either means that I am achieving a Zen-like state of calm oneness with the bitter aspects of my life or that I have dropped right off the sanity mountain into the gorge of …er... insanity.

What is called for at a moment of personal destabilization like this is an Oatmeal Cream Pie. Now there are those who say that these delightful little disks of cookie-frosting-marshmallow goodness are bad for you. Bad for your body? Undoubtedly yes. Bad for the mind? Undoubtedly no. There is nothing to calm the nerves like sitting down and allowing yourself a contemplative muse about the good things in life while the lingering aroma of Cream Pie floats across your taste buds. It's really hard to be angry at life when there is a circle of pure goodness sitting in your hand - it's like shining a halogen bulb down the esophagus of a gift-horse.

So please pardon me while I take a moment to look on the bright side of the things I was bitter about.

*pause*

Ok, that should do it. Thank you for your time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home