a pocket full of rhinestones

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

So let me tell you a little something about funnel cake

My life isn't all that interesting right now in the OHMYGODITHASTOBEDONENOWRIGHTNOW way, and so I have been experiencing the mind-expanding qualities of Morrowind with my Boyfriend. This means that I sit in front of this computer screen for 8 hours and whine while he helpfully navigates, reads the strategy guide, and pulls out his hair when I decide that I MUST go on another TEENY TINY killing spree. Quote of this afternoon:

Me: "I'm hungry, can't I have lunch yet?"
Boyfriend: "Only Hlaalu Hortators get lunch"
Me: "Oh."

You see, it's kinda like having a personal trainer for my gaming character. It's getting results. I'm the Buffy to his Giles.

In any case. As to the title of this post. We went off to Great America on Monday, rode the rides (ALL the rides), laughed at youngsters, ate glorious amounts of food, skipped gleefully about the park with wild abandon, and ate funnel cake.

Now funnel cake for me is an interesting proposition. You see, the first time that I ever beheld this decadent delight, I was at Great America. This is not normal funnel cake - it has the cake, ice cream, strawberry topping, whip cream, peanuts, and a cherry. Clearly far far more delicious than the norm.

Post this original funnel cake many years ago, I attended a carnival of some sort and was greeted with a greasy pancake of a pastry with a pathetic dusting of snowy powdered sugar insufficient to even activate my tastebuds. Nasty.

Now the only place that I can eat funnel cake is at Great America. One problem. Admission is $41 a person, and the cake itself is $7.50, with $2.99 sodas.

What is the price of deliciousness my friends? $51.49

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home