a pocket full of rhinestones

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Just because it's a lame post doesn't mean it's not worth reading.

There's nothing quite like sitting on your kitchen floor on eviscerated paper bags painting a Parisian cafe chair with a foam brush to kick off the summer. For reference “Krylon gloss black acrylic latex enamel” paint sucks ASS. I had to go buy a can of primer just to cover the shameful remains of your pathetic, watery, crappy-ass, looks-like-stain fucking "one coat" bullshit.

So now I'm waiting for my primer to dry and thinking about the month ahead of me.

Agenda:

1. Orals lists: at least put them down on paper for God's sake!
2. Rewrite Prof X's paper: *sigh* *groan* *whine* and it will suck. But it must be done.
3. Job?: I don’t know about this one. I really need the extra cash, but where to work? Bar? Bookstore? Office? I’d really like to work at a library, but I should do the temp thing because that’s where I have all my experience. I would love a teaching job, but it is a wee bit too late for that.
4. German: Later – see previous post and rant.
5. Create a secret society: Always wanted to
6. Drinking, Sleeping, Debauchery, Road Trips, and Painting.
7. Become master of all organization: see below

Speaking of which - I BOUGHT A BINDING MACHINE. A late-night ebay purchase to be sure. It seemed like such a good idea at 3am that I clearly remember rationalizing a "buy it now" purchase price more than $50 over the current bid because there would be free shipping. It will be here on Thursday. I know because I'm compulsively checking the FedEx website and sending wishes of good speed to my knight in binding armor (oh dear, that doesn't sound good at all). In any case - also raiding the office supply stores nearby in hopes of finding cheap binding combs.

Don't knock it man, this is my reason for existence right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home