a pocket full of rhinestones

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Apathyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

So post-German letdown is setting in, and I have a whole lot of apathy working against me right now. I just can't seem to work up the will to work on anything. Orals? eh. Job? eh. Watching movies for 6 hours while I rearrange my bookshelves? eh (but that's what I've been doing).

I woke up at 6 this morning and laid in bed for 3 hours staring at the ceiling. I'm sure that this is a bad sign. I guess I'm just one of those people who isn't happy unless they're stressed about something.

"Get up"
"I don't want to"
"But you have.. er... stuff to do"
"Really? Do tell!"
"Um... you could wash dishes"
(snuggling deeper under the covers) "Oh THAT'S a reason to get up. Damn, I'll get right on that"
"Sarcasm is a delicate instrument, not a cudgel"
"Eh."
"What about your orals?"
"Next week"
"What about your paper?"
"Next week"
"What about thrift stores"
"Last week"
"Chocolate?"
"Requires movement"
"So you're going to just die here then?"
"Maybe... eh... Maybe not... eh.... I guess I could return my library books"
"THAT'S THE SPIRIT! Up and at 'em little KT, we're going to go play!"
"At the Regenstein? You must be joking"
"Clearly"
"Let's go in an hour"
"Yeah, I'm really comfy here in bed"

Yeah. That was my morning.

So now I'm standing in the Regenstein in the vain hope that being in an academic atmosphere will encourage me to work. So far, it's not working. I packed up my books, my lists, my returnables, and headed down here for a studyfest and I'm blogging instead.

Anyone have a cure for summer apathy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home