a pocket full of rhinestones

Monday, June 21, 2004

So let's see... this weekend.

Well. Friday I went home to Racine to experience hanging-outness with my family and eat vast quantities of Chinese food. I also did the Sheridan Road Antique Hunt, which was a partial-day trek across the vast fields of Illinois and Wisconsin stopping at every estate, garage, Salvation Army, Goodwill, and thrift store sale that crossed my path. This led to a car full of rather interesting tidbits, a hole in my wallet, and a huge grin.

Saturday started out so normal. I went out with the family for lunch and celebrated Fathers' day. But then my sister convinced me to join her in Madison for the Firemen’s Festival (with promises of cheap pitchers and trashy music). Driving up there, we arranged through a system of smoke signals, Walmart bags tied to street signs, and a conveniently placed car to lead my boyfriend to our location. Brats were eaten, pitchers of beer and something delicious called Bacardi Limon were drunk (I gave up on the glasses and simply drank straight from the pitcher (which led to interesting if rather incriminating pictures)), The Boyfriend went on the Tilt-a-Whirl after consuming, I swear:

A corn dog
A Bratwurst
A Hamburger
A Slice of pudding pie -w- whipped cream
A Slice of Pizza
A "Pork" sandwich
A Funnel Cake with cherry topping
And 2 pitchers (1 of beer and 1 of Bacardi Limon)

And did not throw up. I don't know how this is possible, but clearly he has made some kind of deal with a an evil being (didn't even have a hangover).

Fuck. Now that's a Madisonian for you.

Of course, not to be outdone, I attempted to do the same, but only got through a pitcher, a corn dog, a bratwurst and some potato salad before I felt that my Tilt-a-Whirl enthusiasm was terminally limited.

After that - the strip club. Where there was apparently some kind of 4 girl half naked dancefest going on. Wow.

Back to my sister's house for sleep and a morning full of Swedish pancake goodness followed by TV reruns and a nap on the couch.

Then back to Evanston with The Boyfriend for an evening of well... sleeping actually (I was pretty damn tired by this point)

This morning I was booted from my German class (amazing, someone forgot to cap enrollment at the U of C?! No! Never! THAT MUST BE SO RARE!!!! so I have to take it later this summer.

All of this culminates into the following sentence.

I am so tired, but at least I have a month of vacation in front of me.

These, my friends, are the joys of summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home