a pocket full of rhinestones

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Life Choices? To eat in or out tonight?

So here I am at the University of Wisconsin Medical School library (they just built a new one and really, it's quite nice). Quiet, peaceful, internet access, food, there are few things that one could expect from a library that are not here. That is, of course, except any books on anything that I'm working on whatsoever. But it's nice to sit here in the air conditioning, being surrounded by people that are doing more to benefit society than I ever will.

For fun I brought along the boyfriend's UW Trauma Manual - I'm just waiting for the day when I see someone with a tension pneumothorax.

In any case - Currently working on my orals. The list for Gothic is charming, the list for American is, er, interesting - but the final list - oh man. Today is the day when I sit down and try to make sense out of the brilliant but incomprehensible idea for this orals list that I hastily scrawled out on a Chipotle napkin one afternoon after far far too much studying. It sounded so good at the time and I know that there is something there, but I just have to hash it out.

Ahhh inspiration.

Other than that it's the rewrite for professor X, a brief but interesting foray into the world of web design and bothering that one really nice professor about the grade for the paper I handed in on time a month ago.

Perhaps tonight there will be dancing. More likely it will be me reading through the Morrowind Strategy Guide and UW Trauma Manual "Hey look honey! I know how to reduce a dislocaed finger!" and watching The Simpsons while the boyfriend studies. We are but simple creatures.

Speaking of.. oh damn, there isn't really a good segue here.... I have been thinking seriously about going to medical school post-doctorate. Seriously. I know that you're all snickering so stop it. I'm becomig utterly fascinated with surgery in a disturbing and utterly irrational way.

We'll see how that goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home