a pocket full of rhinestones

Friday, August 13, 2004

9 hours of German in a day is too many...

So I'm back in Madison - funny how that works, isn't it? One day I'm here, the next I'm gone, I wander about the midwest like some kind of figure from a Stienbeck novel. So I'm in the med-school library learning just about as much German as I can before my brain collapses into a neutron star from density of information. Either that or I'll go insane - you know, whichever first.

Sadly, that is the only thing that I can say for this day. I have unfairly hoarded a computer in the library for 9 hours, using it as the internet connection for my poor abused laptop who doesn't want to notice the network cards I fed to it.

Computers. I can't wait until she stops being a bitch and decides to work correctly again - "I'm sorry OK?! I won't stick nail files in you ever again!"

whatever. Currently my blogging is a procrastination tool - as my butt is numb and I don't want to write up sentences for chapter after chapter of grammar. So let's talk about something fun - perhaps the fact that my sister is having a birthday next week (you rock, sissy poo!) Perhaps the fact that I am going to eat food that is so bad for me tonight that I may just DIE. Perhaps we can talk about how it really doesn't count as a class with no final exam if you just decide to have the exam A WEEK EARLY ( woah - drifting back to German again - focus, focus). We could talk about the fact that I got a dress (almost exactly the dress I wanted - blue silk) for my boyfriend's sister's wedding. Perhaps I could recount my exploits on the freeway last night - skillfully navigating through rush-hour traffic only to be blocked by a snarl of cars miles long. Or maybe, just maybe I could explain how I pulled my binder out of my backpack the other day and gave myself a black eye.

But then again - I'm just procrastinating - so I should go work. German ho!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home