a pocket full of rhinestones

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Ok - so, a little paranoid - but very proud.

Ok, so I just sent out my first submission to a conferene (and, of course, I picked a big one) the 2005 NEMLA panel on "Sexual Horror in the Gothic."

So I'm a little paranoid, and yet very proud of myself for even submitting.

See, I have this paper that's really about the space of the grave in gothic fiction that totally goes into the hyper-sexualized female / sexual act with said woman as sealed away and disenfected in the space of the grave (yet acknowledge within this space of "safety" where it can be adequately disenfected). Only problem? That discussion is about 3 pages of the overall 25 page paper. So that will have to be fixed if they even think that this thing is worth talking about.

Wish me luck!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home