a pocket full of rhinestones

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

It's like God bent down and kissed me on the forehead...

So I went to Devon today after Kerri's (several week long) project to get me to try Indian food.

I didn't want to go - I thought I hated curry - I thought it would be an unpleasant experience.

And then we went.

And lo! There was chicken curry! And Lo! There was spinach with cheese (sag paneer?) And lo! The very gods themselves made this incredible bread for us and chicken tandori? and kheer with golanb jamon (for those of you, like me, who have no idea what this means: it means delicious rice pudding in which these balls of bready slightly cheesy goodness soaked in honey are floating with raisins and almonds). This is clearly the food of the gods. The waiters (who, by the way, were excellent) stood in amazement as we put away enough food from the lunch buffet to make up for the $8 it cost us 20 times over. Yes, folks - $8. This is an impossibly cheap meal that is unbelievably good in a really really nice restaurant with a walnut paneled bar, red tablecloths with white paper, stem waterglasses and waiters in suits, called Tiffin. In fact, it was so delicious that as I gush about the goodness of the meal I'm starting to think that it was, in fact, a hallucination and that it couldn't have possibly been real.

Nope - here's the business card right here. Of course I'll never live this down, and will furthermore have to acquiesce when Kerri says (hey, let's try X food!). I think the next one on the list is Russian, or perhaps Swedish cuisine. I'll let you know how it turns out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home