a pocket full of rhinestones

Friday, October 01, 2004

Carousing --- or was it debauchery?

Last night - no wait - this morning I went out with my charming friend from Milwaukee and that Wisconsin type place on a food / liquour extravaganza through Chicago.

Oh dear.

Becky's sole intention on trips like this is to see JUST HOW DRUNK she can get me over the course of the evening. Do you want to know how drunk? If you're still reading I bet you do...
diet coke and pineapple rum
woodchuck
rum and coke
jack and coke
2 bloody mary's with fucking SALAMI on top (very good).
some "fruity drink with rum" created especially for me by a socially awkward barkeep in a bowling shirt
an appletini
another appletini (for which, I am sad to say, I didn't get the secondary alcohol (possibly because the barkeep thought I was quite drunk enough already when I left the bathroom giggling because I had inexplicably decided to buy a vending machine cock ring))
3 buttershots
malibu and pineapple

So clearly - drunk. Becky achieved her goal. I was going to post while still drunk at 9am, but my great idea for a post was a long dissertation regarding how hats are similar to small dogs and why one should be very careful when wearing them (hats, not small dogs - although one should be very careful about the wearing of small dogs on one's head).

Beck and I started out in Evanston where the bars were instantly declared lame. Thus, we trundled back to my apartment, got some schedules and grabbed the purple / red line to Belmont. we ended up at the Twisted Spoke first (althouth I was not aware that this was the home of bloody mary goodness - which Jett showed to me later). Then off to some crappy pub and then down to the Underground Lounge where the aforementioned barkeep in bowling shirt informed us that all of his drafts were broken so the special was really $2.50 for a bottle. Then back to the Twisted Spoke to meet up with Jett and party (we evaded a very very drunk 50 year old man with deft and speed thanks to Jett's generous efforts). Then on to some unnamed bar where there was dancing - ahhhh dancing (ask Jett about it - it was fun!)

Then back on the train at 4:42 am to get back to Evanston where we arrived safetly sometime around 6.

Holy jesus.

Tonight's another party - I'm not hungover and we're going to get Indian food - this should be fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home