a pocket full of rhinestones

Friday, September 10, 2004

And there was PARTY and it was good.

Yesterday was wonderful.

Much stress had by me on Wednesday was entirely wasted, as it all went off without a hitch. There was pre-partying, there was party proper, there was post-party, and it was all spectacular.

Started out the day in HP running errands (for party). Met with Karin, Steph and Amber for lunch (mmmm Florian Nachos), and then took off on a wild and crazy adventure. That is, Karin, Steph and I hit Gethsemane (for Judy), The Swedish Bakery (also for Judy- mmmm marzipan), Cold stone creamery (dude - I know it's Steph's favorite, and perhaps her Magical combination of mixins does the trick, but my ice cream was so damn sweet that I thought I would go into a diabetic coma (ask Karin about the cake batter ice cream)). We then achieved Aveda for "pretty girl" purchases (rock!) and drooled over the objects in a swank furniture store (whose name I can't quite remember) from the monetary safety of the street.

Apres ca, Chez Amber for some ooohing and aaahing over her extra-swanky new apt - very cool.

Then KT took a nap on the most comfortable daybed in existence - all was oblivion until 6:45 when I was awoken to go to the Party!

Party was fantastic. People at Lucky Strike were uncommonly nice, our waitress was a sweetie, and the food / drinks went off without a hitch. The bowling was both hysterical and awesome with moments of utter coolness thrown in (although I think that Karin was hustling us, 'cause she said something about never having bowled before and then proceeded to knock down a shitload of pins; more than me. But then again, that is not saying a lot as my lack of bowling skill is already well developed [i'm thinking of a theory that develops anti-skills here] and I cannot possibly bowl without looking like a moron). Then there were presents, and marzipan cake, and carousing (yes carousing). I believe that a fantastic time was had by all.

After that wound down and most everyone was on their way home, I wandered into the bar to calm my hostess nerves with a drinkie-poo.

And then things got even more interesting. Dave, Amber, Lee, Amber's wonderful friend whose name I can't remember for the moment and am feeling really bad about, and Adam sat around at Lucky Strike for awhile boozing, having a few laughs - We run out of ice-- so I run out to get some.... Damn, slipped into musical mode again. We hung out, chatted about various things, and eventually decided to adjourn to Jimmy's for more carousing and possible hanging-outness. And then things started to get odd and yet incredibly cool. First, Dave (we love you, man) bought rounds of drinks, and then I whipped out the old Tarot deck for some party-pleasing amusement. And then I started doing readings - and then it got extra freaky because they were very very eerily accurate. Obviously I can't go into details, but feel free to ask Lee or Amber about the amusing moment when they asked me to do a reading for Gopal? (Whom I had never met before in my life). All were stunned, I was stunned, and generally it was a stunning experience. I drove home that evening, chatting with my boyfriend and exclaiming repeatedly - "it was so correct?! I was right!?" yipes.

Anyway - I arrived home and fell down into the fitful sleep of the exhausted bowler.

Thank you, everyone, for making this an incredible evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home