a pocket full of rhinestones

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

In which I am cranky and ill.

For some reason I woke up this morning in a bad mood - could be stress - could be paranoia - could be both (as they say in medicine - "a dog can have ticks and fleas"), could also be the fact that people are yelling loudly in Romanian? Czechloslovakian? Russian? next door and apparently trying to get through my wall with a sledgehammer. I have great respect for these people (as they are making my apartment building nicer every day (including labor day - what the hell?)) however, they are seriously messing with my sleep schedule. Confused, I sit up in bed as my dream momentarily melds with reality so that I am sitting in an abandoned warehouse while a construction crane smashes into it. Kinda Freaky. Shaking my head to clear the morning muzziness, I stagger to the bathroom and scrutinise my annoyingly pale face in the mirror

"you need more sleep"
"Can't sleep in a warzone, sweetie - it might be quieter if you curl up on your kitchen floor"
"Thanks, no - I guess I'll go the shower route"
"Good idea"

Shower accomplished, various mental and physical systems seem to be online, and a sort of wave of unpleasant memories of the past few days wash over me. This happens every morning. You know - when you wake up in bed and then remember that you really DID say that to that one person and that you really DO have to go apologise, or that thing about your life that stresses you out and you temporarily forgot about for purposes of sleeping sneaks back in on cat feet to ambush you when you're out of the shower and feeling perky?

Yeah that. So I fled to Gurnee Mills and spent several hours sitting in my car reading "The Monk of Monks Hall" until I hooked up with Becky for shopping and Chili's (which I fear made me rather ill). Then back home to field emails and generally get ready for tomorrow.

Don't mind me - I'll be on the upswing by tomorrow afternoon. Just life and its little stresses. Maybe I'll break out the stripey pants. That would be good. Stripey pants it is! And maybe something shiny. These things will brighten my mood. See y'all tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home