a pocket full of rhinestones

Thursday, September 16, 2004

A mini-rant.

ARRRRRGH!

You know, everything was just fine until my cell phone died.

So Friday night the Boyfriend comes down to see me, and all is well.

Saturday, we hook up with Karin and her Eric for a charming evening of AMAZING food (Pappadeux - think fried alligator, oysters, shrimp, and delicious sour apple margaritas... mmm), fantastic company, a good movie, cheesecake, and the general laid-back cool hanging-outness that characterizes the group of beautiful laid-back people. Great evening.

Sunday was good too... as my Boyfriend and I hung around Evanston playing Morrowind and eating food that was oh-so-bad for us.

And I was having so much fun that I decided to follow him back to Madison on Monday.

Then my phone ran out of charge sometime Monday evening. I go on with my days - merrily incognito - silent and serene, and then I check messages today. 7 messages in varying stages of freaking out.

Apparently people were trying to get a hold of me. Apparently I am now driving a van to Michigan tomorrow - and then coming back to meet my sister tomorrow night to celebrate her birthday all weekend and I need to make some time to hang out with my family that is really missing me so I have them scheduled for next weekend, but I couldn't talk to them on the phone because it was, well, dead - and then I figured out that both my insurance companies and the university have gotten back bills that they sent me because apparently the post office has decided that I don't live at my apartment anymore and because of that I haven't gotten my phone or electric bills, not to mention the bills from the time when I sprained my ankle and it swelled up like an apricot and I have to call the NSIT people and get this websiteonlinesothatpeoplecanuseitand....

yipes. A full week worth of trauma condensed into 15 min of voicemail.

Whew.
See y'all tomorrow - bright and shiny early. I think that the ride over will suck, but people in my van are lucky 'cause I brought kazoos. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home