a pocket full of rhinestones

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Emerging from hibernation - the bear is hungry...

So I think that I'm done with German. Except for that pesky last class thing tomorrow I have everything finished up, printed out, and stapled. Oh man - that's one month of my life that I'm not going to miss. And the next few weeks are going to be spent attempting to catch up on all that stuff I have been putting off because of German. For example:

Orals
Website
Finding out what happened to my mail (it, like, stopped coming and that's freaking me out)
Finding out what happened to that paper I handed in in JUNE
Returning overdue library books
Sleeping
Partying
Paying my rent
Going to a wedding
and..

KICKING THE ASSES OF THOSE JACKOFFS WHO FUCKED UP MY CAR!

ah. I feel better. Here's how it went down. I had my oil changed about 5000 miles ago (read: for Katie, two months) at this place called the Car Care Clinic in Madison (PS: DON"T GO THERE). On Monday I drove up to visit Becky at Gurnee mills and thought - hell - I'm next to the second-largest mall in the US, maybe there's an oil change place around here.

So I find somewhere called Fast Lube. The name was appealing: "Fast" implying that I would not have to wait forever for an oil change whereas "Lube" implied that there would be some oil changing occurring. The subtle sexual connotations also swayed me in my choice between Jiffy and Fast Lube. In any case - upon arriving (cute technicians too) I was informed that some monkey had replaced the cap on my oil filter last time (i.e. at the Care Care Clinic) incorrectly, thus stripping the threads and ruining the plastic cap (for car people - it's a Saturn with a drop-in filter). So the pretty boys informed me that they could not, indeed, give me a fast lube - they filled up my wiper fluid and packed me off to the Saturn dealership (luckily) down the street with the words "It's a miracle that you haven't been leaking oil everywhere - you could have been stranded on the roadside somewhere" (for someone who drives back and forth between Chicago and Madison regularly at 3am, this was a rather chilling thought).

So the nice people at Saturn said "yep, it's broke" and charged me $31 for a new cap and very sweetly gave me a coupon so it was $17 for an oil change. With labor this ended up being a $65 oil change because some fuckhead can't work out the principle of the inclined plane. Now I'm a little pissed, I have the receipt in my glove compartment and a stripped ex-oil filter cap in my trunk and the number for a car service in Madison - Guess who's getting a call this week?

Other than that my evening was good - with Becky and I spending some quality time at Payless and the IHOP. Say what you will about fine cuisine, my friends, but there are few things that compare with a Belgian waffle -w- strawberries at 11pm. And their coffee ain't too bad either.

The last two days have been spent in the following manner

Tuesday: did half of my German, cleaned my bathroom and bedroom, ate sugar-free pudding
Today: did the other half of my German, cleaned my living room and kitchen, will eat sugar-free pudding.

Does anyone else not want to go to class tomorrow?

This weekend I will be incognito as I have a wedding to attend for which I have been searching for an outfit for weeks. It has to be, no kidding: not black, not red, not short, not too funky, not pink, not strappy, and not any dark color, and not yellow.

I went with green and am hoping for the best.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home